Thursday, June 19, 2008

A little reflection!!

So over the last year I’ve taken the initiative to contact a few old friends who have never left my mind over the years. I knew that if I didn’t find them, contact them & maybe get some closure it was never going to stop bugging me. I knew that there was something missing within myself. Now I have found it…closure!!

I recently had a friend email regarding a note she wrote me when we were in 6th grade. I couldn’t believe she remembered writing me a letter that had hurt me when we were little but I’m so thankful that we got to talk to each other about it. As kids we never think about what we may do to one another as we are KIDS & we do things without knowing the impact we may have on another. I have complete forgiveness for the things that we did to each other as kids and she was a great friend. I hope that we have a chance to get to know each other again, as individuals. I do admit I feel horrible that she still remembered the hurtful things we may have done to one another & she has so much integrity to tell me she was sorry for something that happened so many years ago…so that is a door that we can close & move on as adults!!

We have so many memories that I have never forgotten…so many times playing at my house & doing the craziest things. All the sleepovers that we had at her house & mine…she always made me cheese bread…cheese bread is bread toasted in the oven with some cheese!! LOL. We’d jump on her tramp all the time, play in her basement where all the toys were…she’s always been a fabulous person & I’m excited we found each other again!

Thank you to my new gained friend!!

2 comments:

*We're Unplugged* said...

I totally ate cheese bread for lunch yesterday!

John and Charese said...

HI BRITTANY~ I am so glad you found me! WOW...look at your family! I am glad you have a blog site, so we can keep tabs on each other now! Thanks for the message! email me at jcllfoster@msn.com... we are almost neighbors! I don't live far from ROY!