Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

THIS WAS THE LAST PICTURE I GOT FROM MY DAD...A YEAR & A HALF BEFORE HE PASSED!! THIS IS WHAT HE WROTE ON BACK. LET ME REMIND YOU THAT HE COULDN'T SPELL...HA HA, SEE HOW MUCH THE FISH WAYS?? LOVE YOU DAD!









Wow, so maybe I’m getting the hang of this whole blogging thing. I’m a total myspace geek, so when it comes to figuring out this blogger it’s a whole new world. Father’s Day has came & went & now it’s the beginning of another week. Father’s Day was great at the Merrill household. We put up Mason’s pool & spent the day outside letting him play in it. We had Mike’s mom, sister & her boyfriend over for a BBQ. It was a blast. My mom & her boyfriend also came to visit us on Saturday which is a very rare occasion!! They NEVER travel to Roy!! Mason was in heaven having company over all weekend.
On the other hand Father’s Day is always very emotional for me. My dad left us on July 3, 2000 in a tragic accident. On July 3, 2000 he left fishing up in Northern, CA, just like he always did. He went alone because that's just the way my dad liked it. So on the 4th of July I called looking for my dad & my grandma said he didn't come home the night before however that wasn't unusual so I just said to have him call me when he made it home. Well we got the call that night…he had fallen out of the boat & drowned. He had even bought a life jacket the morning he left fishing but he wasn't wearing it. He was all about safety, but he refused to EVER wear a jacket. His life was ended way too short. So here’s HAPPY FATHER’S DAY to the sweetest pappa in the world. Keep on fishing Daddy…Be sure to let Brant catch some too!! Love you both so much! And remember, not a day goes by that I don't think of you both & miss you more & more!!

2 comments:

*We're Unplugged* said...

Holy Crap! It is so nice to hear from you. Shoot me an email at traci@tbi6.com and I will add you on to my viewers.
What a cute family! I was thinking about you earlier this year, wanting to get in touch so that I could apologize for something that happened a long, long time ago, so I am excited that you left me a note on my blog.
Anyway, cute little boy! They are sure fun, arent they?

*We're Unplugged* said...

I have not got it yet, but I will keep checking. You can just leave your email on my old blog instead and then I will delete it after I add you. Either way works for me!