Thursday, November 6, 2008

Help me...


Lord I want to love you, yet I’m not sure.
I want to trust you, yet I’m afraid of being taken in.
I know I need you, but I’m ashamed of the need,
I want to pray, but I’m afraid of being a hypocrite.
I need my independence, yet I fear to be alone.
I want to belong, yet I must be myself.
Take me, Lord, yet leave me alone.
Lord, I believe, help me with my unbelief.
O, Lord, if you are there, you do understand, don’t you?
Give me what I need, but leave me free to choose.
Help me work it out my own way, but don’t let me go.
Let me understand myself, but don’t let me despair.
Come unto me, O Lord, I want you there.
Lighten my darkness, but don’t dazzle me.
Help me to see what I need to do, and give me
The strength to do it.O Lord, I believe, help me with my unbelief

4 comments:

Amelia said...

Brit- I hope all is well with you. I know it isn't just from your postings but, know I am thinking of you!

John and Charese said...

Hello, just wanted to say Hi, and let you know I am still checking on you. Sorry, I haven't commented in awhile. I am a little crazy.

Jewel said...

Count your blessings instead of your crosses.
Count your gains instead of your losses.
Count your joys instead of your woes.
Count your friends instead of your foes.
Count your smiles instead of your tears.
Count your courage instead of your fears.
Count your full years instead of your lean.
Count your kind deeds instead of your mean.
Count your health instead of your wealth.
Count on God instead of yourself.

~Author unknown~

crookstons said...

Brit,

Hang in there! You are doing great! You are loved and you have many friends who care and who are there for you! I think about you constantly and if you ever need me I am always here for you, even though I am not very close I will always be there for you!