Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Another day in the fast lane...

Currently I’m living a life in the fast lane & forgetting to live in the moment & appreciate what’s going on around me right now, so my prayer of the day hit me hard. I can’t slow down for a minute. My mind feels it needs to stay busy all the time & considering what I’m going through right now, staying busy is all that’s keeping me from insanity. And of course Mason keeps me sane! He reminds me everyday of what I am living for since so often I forget what my purpose is here on earth. He is my life…I’m so thankful God trusted me enough with one of his children to raise…he is my child as much as he is a child of God. Okay, before I get all spiritual, here it is:

Lord, slow me down.
Ease the pounding of my heart by quieting my mind.
Steady my hurried pace. Give me, in the confusion of my day,
The calmness of everlasting hills. Break the tension of my nerves
And muscles. Help me to know the magical, restoring power of sleep.
Teach me to take minutes vacations by slowing down to look at
A flower or a could, to chat with a friend, to pat a dog , to read
A few lines from a good book. Remind me that the race is not
Always to the swift, that there is more to life than increasing speed.

Let me look upward into the branches of the towering oak and
Know that it grew great and strong because it grew slowly and well.

Lord, slow me down. Inspire me to send my roots deep into the soul
Of life’s enduring values that I may grow toward the starts of my great destiny!!

5 comments:

Jewel said...

Take it a day at a time. You are beautiful and STRONG...don't let anyone or anything tell you otherwise. I pray for you daily and although we may not hang out or talk regularly, you are always in my prayers. Jewel (& fam)

*We're Unplugged* said...

I think that this is a great one for everyone to recite. I hope that things get back to normal for you, if there is such a thing. Sometimes at night, I throw on a jacket, go for a walk and cry away all my stress. It seems to help me relax! You can unload on me anytime!

Abbie said...

So I started a blog page, check it out http://winter5fam.blogspot.com
Abbie

Jewel said...

So I just saw your comment to my "rear end" blog. Crazy huh...I never would've expected her to say that either!

crookstons said...

Keep up the good work Brit! I love you and stand by you 100% You can do it!