Monday, April 19, 2010

Dinosaur Park


The weekend after Easter Mike, his friends and his family all went to the Sand Dunes which left Mason and I home alone. The reason we were left behind is probably pretty obvious for most who know me! I used to love the sand dunes, but for all the wrong reasons! I didn't go to ride, I went to drink and party!! Well since I don't do either of those anymore, we figure it's best that I don't go on those trips anymore. And as long as we can protect Mason from being around drinking because alcoholism is so prominant in the family, then we will keep him away from it until he is old enough to understand! I was not a good mom prior to getting sober. I mean, yes I did my motherly duties, but alcohol always took priority!! But not anymore! So it was very nice to spend some one on one time with Mason. These are the little things that I didn't do before...and it's the little things in life that matter the most! I LOVE MY LITTLE MAN!!

No comments: