Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas 2009

The 3 grandkids: Mason n' Mamma:
Cheese:
Santa's Helper:
The in laws:
Mason n' Mamma:Come on and smile:
Mikey and me:
Our family of 3:

Wow, I can’t believe that Christmas has come and gone!! We had a wonderful holiday!! This year wasn’t much different from our Christmas’s in the past however it was a little different. It seems that this year we are closer as a family than we have ever been. This year has had its fair share of up’s and down’s. There were so many times that I just wanted to give up, but I didn’t. I just kept trucking along and trying to do the next right thing!! And we made it through all the up’s and down’s which has brought our little family of 3 closer together! I am so grateful for my family and really looking forward to a fresh new year!!

So on Christmas Eve we went to Mike’s aunts and uncle’s just like we do every year. It was the first year we didn’t stay until 1 in the morning. I guess we’re getting old because we had to retire early this year plus Mason is much of a night owl so we wanted to get him home and in bed so that Santa could come visit our house. Which indeed he did and Mason was spoiled. He was so excited to wake up to all his presents!! He was really excited opening about the first 2 and after that he was already tired of unwrapping things. He’d open one present and want the toy out of the box immediately instead of wanting to open another gift!! After we opened presents at our house we went to Mike’s mom’s where Mason was spoiled again. After Mike’s mom’s and some yummy breakfast we headed down to my mom’s. Again, Mason was spoiled. It was so nice to see my family! We only live 45 minutes away from each other, yet we barely get down there to see them anymore. After my mom’s it’s been a tradition to go to my brother’s for dinner, but this year we skipped his house and went to my adopted parents as I call them. By the time we got there, Mason didn’t even want to open his present from them! What child gets tired of opening presents?
Now it's off to the new year! YIPPEE!!

No comments: